Valérie is a partner of the Firm, leading VANDENBULKE’s litigation and risk management department. Valérie started her carrier as a tax advisor, then specialised in corporate, banking and finance matters building valuable knowledge in restructuring aspects, corporate and commercial fields, before focusing on business litigation cases.
As a qualified corporate and litigation lawyer Valerie advises different types of clients such as international groups, banks, insurance companies, trustees, fund investors but also individual business owners and family offices. Her diversified skills allow her to assist clients with a global approach from the implementation of business relationships to potential litigation. Valerie has developed a specific expertise in matters related to corporate governance, shareholders’ dispute and directors’ liabilities.
Valérie started her professional career in 2004 as a tax advisor in a Big Four firm in Luxembourg, then she worked during 6 years in corporate, banking and financing departments with major Luxembourg-based law firms and in an international bank. Valérie further enhanced her experience by practising for more than 7 years in a leading Luxembourg litigation firm where she focused on complex international business litigation cases, before running her own business.
Luxembourg taxation diploma (Income tax and VAT for companies and individuals – Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce)
Business legal advisor diploma (Diplôme de Juriste Conseil d’Entreprise – DJCE) – Nancy II University
Master’s degree in business law – Nancy II University
Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar Association since 2007.
International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
Luxembourg Association of Banking Lawyers (ALJB)
Luxembourg Institute of Directors (ILA)
Immaterial law commission of the Luxembourg Bar Association (IP/IT, data protection)
- Troubleshooting the EU’s new data protection legislation (IR Global, 2018)
- « Comment le RGPD impacte-t-il le domaine des assurances ? » (Private Life Insurance, FARAD 2nd edition, November 2018)
- The EU Regulation 655/2014 on Transactional Seizures on Bank Accounts (LexGo.lu, 24 April 2017)
- « CPEC : debt or equity ? » (CDR/21 June 2016)
- « Domiciliation ou simple location de bureaux : la Cour rappelle les principes » (LexGo.lu, 23 March 2016)
- « Au Luxembourg, qui peut pratiquer le conseil juridique ? » (BSP website, 4 November 2014)
- « La confiscation, un outil efficace de lutte contre la criminalité », contribution à l’ouvrage collectif de l’ALJB « Le risque pénal du banquier » (Publication January 2020)
- In-house trainings (data protection, contractual issues, directors’ liabilities)
- 5th annual conference on data protection (5 December 2018)
- IFE Actualités en droit des sociétés : Corporate governance dans un groupe de sociétés (27 February 2020)